I admit it, I don’t always read “literary” novels (whatever that means) or the New Yorker. I enjoy mind candy (as I like to call it). I love celebrity gossip and the Real Housewives shows and 50 Shades of Grey. I don’t need to list out any “deeper” artistic passions that I’m obsessed with to satisfy my ego. My favorite magazine is Us Weekly. My heart is happy every week when it arrives in my mailbox. It takes me about 30 minutes to read it cover to cover. It’s fluff and it’s colorful and reminds me of eating cotton candy at a circus. So, in tribute to my beloved celeb rag, which features a column called “25 Things You Don’t Know About Me,” written by a celebrity, I’m going to write my own column of useless information (probably more useless because I am not a celebrity, but so it goes). By the way, one of my favorite things in this week’s column by Ken Jeong: “10. I could eat rice every day and that’s not because I’m Asian.”
Tiny Little Stars (aka Jill)
25 Things You Don’t Know About Me
- I’m not into sports, unless it’s watching a Cubs game at Wrigley. That is an event.
- I could eat pizza every day.
- I only started drinking coffee 3 years ago.
- I once wanted to be a Latina. Probably because a Latin person’s physical characteristics are completely opposite of mine.
- I’m a redhead with freckles.
- I used to hate being a ginger but now I love it.
- I love singing Karaoke. I sing mostly Madonna tunes.
- I won an award in 5th grade for being the “kindest person and a best friend to all.” That is an accolade of which I’m still most proud.
- My favorite show is Girls.
- I fall in love with fictional characters
- I dislike my shyness.
- I met Thom Yorke from Radiohead in college. He’s shyer than I am.
- My best friend and I have been so since kindergarten.
- When I’m sad I turn up really great tunes and dance around my kitchen.
- I like vampires; romantic, sexy vampires – e.g., Twilight (I’m not ashamed!) and True Blood.
- I watched 2 and 3/4 seasons of the Walking Dead in one week to catch up to it in real time on AMC. Watching it like that may have altered my brain cells a bit.
- Currently, I have girl crushes on Kerry Washington, Jennifer Lawrence & Lena Dunham.
- I’m unequivocally afraid of heights and spiders.
- My worst date was with a man with no conversational skills. At the end of dinner he divided up the tab, and then told me I owed more because my meal was more expensive.
- My first concert ever was John Denver. I saw Prince when I was in Jr. High. The last concert I went to was Billy Bragg, about a month ago.
- All of my friends are very protective of me.
- I’ve had chairs thrown at me and have left the classroom crying on several occasions. But, teaching is what I’m meant to do, no matter how difficult it can be.
- I like getting all done up with mascara and lipgloss and heels and going out, but that usually still comes in a distant second to staying in and curling up with a hot cup of tea and a good book.
- One day I will go on a romantic vacation to Paris.
- My son is the greatest thing that’s ever happened to me.
That was fun! Maybe you should give it a whirl. 🙂