I have been nominated by the fabulous and scintillating Sex & The Cincy for the Liebster Award. Thank you, thank you, thank you!!
I will answer her questions:
Ten Questions for My Nominee
- What is your most memorable or favorite blog piece you have written? Why? My Soulmates article. Love consumes me. It is with no doubt the most important and life-changing emotion. I believe people come into our lives for a reason and we learn from every single one of them. No matter how many times I’ve been let down or heartbroken I will never ever stop believing there is someone out there for me. There is someone perfect out there for everyone.
- Who inspires you? My son. He has witnessed his father and I go through tough times. I want to show him that through hard work and determination I will get us out of the situation and move on to better things. And that no matter how I’ve been hurt my love remains hopeful and young. I want to inspire him.
- What is your favorite quote? “Each friend represents a world in us, a world not born until they arrive, and it is only by this meeting that a new world is born.” – Anais Nin
- How would you describe yourself in five words? Passionate, loving, sensitive, romantic, silly
- If you could meet any blogger, who would it be? I would love to hang out with Sex in the Cincy. I think we’d have a blast! I love her bluntness and I love a strong woman. She’s funny, too, which is a must!
- If your blog was a food or dessert, what would it be? Well, my blogs run the gambit, but the main theme is loving oneself and never giving up and your dream and never settling. I believe we were put on this earth to love greatly – anything less is just an appetizer. So, I’m going to say the food be would sensual French fare with lots of sparkling wine. And decadent creme brûlée for dessert.
- What is your favorite love/romantic movie? Well, Walk the Line is up there. But, The English Patient is extraordinary. It is filled with longing and never-ending love. I adore Casablanca but I’m not into a stoic man. I like one who isn’t afraid to wear his heart on his sleeve. I understand that Rick has been hurt by Ilsa, but I wanted them to just throw it all aside and say, “You are for me, no matter what. Let’s do this.” Yes, the circumstances weren’t ideal and he saved her in he end. I just would have liked a tear or two shed by Mr. Bogart. I like sensitive boys.
- What is your best and worst quality? My best qualities are that I’m compassionate and romantic. My worst is that I give people too many chances. I need to be tougher. I also push away those that I shouldn’t (nice guys). It will take a strong man to prove his love is the real deal.
- Where is your favorite place to write? Lying on my bed with my MacBook.
- What is your dream job? Part-time teacher and then volunteering with at-risk youth to encourage them to tap into their artistic side. Writing, music and expression has saved my life many times.
I am nominating
Sex and the Cincy – Because she was one of the first blogs I read. I immediately thought I need to meet this chick and I think we’d have a fabulous time. She’s fierce and funny and I loo forward to her posts!
One Tiny Violet – Angela is a kind woman who lives by her convictions. She is a very talented writer. While I may not be Catholic, her writing speaks to me. I feel a connection with her. I think she’s amazing.
Rebels for Consciousness – In another life I’d like to be a rebel for consciousness. Well I certainly can be one now, but it seems with all the adventures they are having would be tough as a single mom with a 6-year-old. Anyway, they are an inspiration. They make me want to pump my fist in the air and yell a rallying cry for all women on the move!
Adventures Under My Pirate Flag – I adore this blog because I can totally relate. Since I am going through many of my own life changes it is refreshing to read about someone else’s struggles and know that I am not alone!
Where Do I end and You Begin? – I love poetry and this deals with obsession, depression, longing, loneliness, heartbreak, lust, doubt…. every human emotion when it comes to relationships. I feel better after reading this.
Live Hard, Love Hard – Great advice that I need to hear again and again. I love how she describes herself as: “Hellfire and honey sweet. Opinionated. Unapologetically authentic and vulnerable. Hardcore woowoo self-loving goddess lady. Mwah.” Don’t we all need someone like this in our lives??
S.W. May Charms – Mr. William describes what Charms are – something new to this writer. What you will find is witty, intelligent, CHARMing writing that will sometimes make you catch your breath and think, “That’s is something completely new. Wow.” Also, his profile pic is dapper – added bonus. “Be charmed! Never harmed, armed nor needlessly med-icated.” S.W. May
A Pilgrim in Time – I love the quotes, I love the photographs that take you on a journey of historical fiction. This is a blog I visit again and again.
Nishita’s Rants and Raves – I’m a girl who loves a good rant and rave. This blog is an eclectic mix. She covers 50 Shades of Grey, Food (with delish photographs), Harry Potter, celebrity, you name it. It’s eye candy and food for the brain. I love it!!
Reading in Bed – As one who loves reading in bed under my cool Egyptian cotton sheets, this is the perfect blog for me. Read reviews, stories, tidbits about books. I’m always up for a good recommendation and this site won’t disappoint!!
Ten Questions for My Nominee
- What is your most memorable or favorite blog piece you have written? Why?
- What one person would you love to meet (dead or alive) and why?
- What is your life’s philosophy?
- How would you describe yourself in five words?
- If you could meet any blogger, who would it be?
- If you could change what thing about yourself what would it be?
- What is your favorite song and why?
- What is your best and worst quality?
- Name a moment in your life that helped to define you?
- When you are not blogging what do you like to do?
Now, in order to formally accept this award you must:
- Link back the person who nominated you (me!)
- Answer the 10 questions which were given to you by the nominator (above)
- Nominate 10 other bloggers for this award who have less than 200 followers
- Create 10 questions for your nominees to answer
- Let the nominees know that they have been nominated by going to their blog and notifying them
Spread the word, fellow bloggers! Thanks again to Sex & The Cincy. I am thrilled and humbled to accept the nomination!